Thursday 10 January 2008

T minus 100 Days & Counting

It took 90 minutes of searching the internet, several attempts to modify the dates, schedules & routes of the flights but eventually we did it. As requested, for my 40th birthday present my parents have bought me return flights to New York from 20th to 30th April 2008. My 40th birthday will be spent in NYC celebrating with Diane, my best friend (and former Best Girl at my Wedding) seeing the sights; taking in the atmosphere; eating until we're sick and getting thrown out of bars because we don't want to drink cat wee out of rusty pipes...

Have I got time to pack? Of course I have, I'm not a woman. Have I got a passport? Hmm... now there's a question. Where I have hidden it for same keeping? Obviously such a safe and secure place that I must have erased the memory of hiding it. Do i need a Visa? Am I going to get in? Have you ever been or are you still active as a communist? Do I think George Bush is a useless idiot?

So, from now on in this little sub-blog I am going to post my thoughts, aspirations and details of the itinerary (as laid down by Diane & Frank). I will also try to update it when I am over there too.

But for now this is what I would like to do: -
  • Visit Ground Zero
  • Urinate off the top of the Empire State Building
  • Visit the Statue of Liberty & ask the curators why isn't she smiling
  • Go to a genuine American Bar and take the piss out of colonials
  • Handle everything I see in accordance with my Bible: The Pub Landlords Book of British Common Sense, by Al Murray.
For now I am excited... I'm going to visit a city & state that I have seen on the television & in the cinema (usually getting destroyed by aliens, floods, meteors & Godzilla), stand in Times Square, climb the Empire State Building... the list goes on.

One more thing. I hate flying...

No comments: