Monday 21 January 2008

T minus 90 Days & Counting

The problem of my passport has been sorted out now and I do qualify for the Visa Waiver Programme, so that is one thing ticked off my "to do" list. I now have tickets and passport and the only remaining item of any significance is money and I can't decided on how much I should take with me. At the current rate of exchange £1.00 will buy me $1.95 - to put this in perspective, if I was to buy the new MacBook Air in the USA at a cost of $1,799.00 at the current rate of exchange it would cost me £925.00 as opposed to the £1,299.00 if I bought one in the Apple Store in the Trafford Centre. Now I am very tempted with the MacBook Air and the not-so-subtle hints I have been dropping to friends about what I want for my birthday do not seem to be working to well, but I live in hope.


I also want to have a look at the CSI franchise store in New York. I'm a big fan of the shows and when my parents visited Las Vegas they bought me a CSI: Crime Scene Investigation baseball cap and my (ex-)wife bought me a pair of shades worn by Horaitio Cane in CSI@ Miami, so now I want a CSI:NY baseball cap. This means I will probably spend one day walking around the whole of Manhattan looking for one shop and wasting what could be a glorious sightseeing day. Also being a fan of the show means that I know that New York, along with Las Vegas and Maimi, is the grusome murder capital of the world - a title that used to be held by Oxford and Denton (where Frost was based - but is actually Leeds and the surrounding areas) - and I may become one of the poor victims that are accidently killed is an ingenious and extremely gory way. 


I do know that there is more to New York than television & movies but that is my only frame of reference at the moment. However, as I am not a fan of Sex In The City (being male & straight) I don't think I will be doing the SITC tour as recommended by Gemma - I honestly don't think it would be up my street. I mean, I don't know what Jimmy Choo's are... 


I also think I need to start a list of the presents people want me to bring back; DS Lite; Chloe Bag; Various computing equipment.


Although I do have my eye on the MacBook Air.

No comments: